Snapchat is one of the top social media apps will millions of active users that exchange snaps daily. One of the things that make this particular application so popular is the ephemeral nature of the snaps. This means that every snap will disappear from the chat, a thing that boosts users' privacy. That's why learning how to screenshot on Snapchat without them knowing is very useful.
In this article, we will go through the most efficient methods that teach you how to screenshot a snap without them knowing. By using these methods, you can keep important snaps for later, which you can use as proof.
In this article:
- Part 1. Can Snapchat Tell if You Screen Record?
- Part 2. How to Screenshot on Snapchat Without Them Knowing
Part 1. Can Snapchat Tell if You Screen Record?
In the first years, when Snapchat was first introduced, it was possible to screen record and take screenshots without notifying the user. However, this changed after the app decided to boost the users' privacy. Right now, whenever you are trying to record the screen, the user will get automatically notified by the app.
That's why many users are trying to find out how to screenshot on Snap without knowing. Luckily, there are some ways that can complete the task for you, while ensuring that the user won't know about it. Some of them are more effective than others, but all of them are worth a try.
Part 2. How to Screenshot on Snapchat Without Them Knowing
Below, you will find out how to take a screenshot on Snapchat without them knowing in multiple ways. Follow the steps of each method to complete the task.
1 Use KidsGuard Pro to Screenshot Snapchat Remotely
The first and the easiest method that teach you how to screenshot on Snapchat without them knowing is to use KidsGuard Pro. This third-party app is the best tool to use when you don't want the other person to get notified. In reality, it can monitor all the activity of the user while running in the background.
The only thing that you will have to do is install KidsGuard Pro on the target device. Then, you will gain access to all sorts of data, such as text messages, calls, and activity on most social media apps. If the user receives or sends a snap that you want to keep, you can quickly and easily take a screenshot of it.
Why Choose KidsGuard Pro
- You can remotely monitor activities, such as messages, calls, and browser history of someone's phone.
- You can view photos and videos of the target phone.
- You can know the exact location of the user.
- You can know how long they spend on their phones.
- You can capture screenshots, record screen, record surround, record calls and so on.
Here is how to screenshot a snap without them knowing by using KidsGuard Pro:
- Go to KidsGuard Pro's official website or click the Sign Up button to register. Purchase one of the plans to access all the advanced features that the tool has to offer. You can select between a 1-month, 3-month, or 1-year plan.
- Take the device that you want to monitor and download the KidsGuard Pro. Follow the instructions that you will see to configure the app and set it up.
- After you have completed the previous step, you need only to log into your KidsGuard Pro account. Go to Member Center > My Product. Click dashboard of KidsGuard Pro and bind your device there. You will then be able to start taking screenshots of the target Snapchat account remotely.
2Record with Another Phone
Another method that you can screenshot on Snap without them knowing is to use another phone. This practically means that you will take a photo of the snap from another phone. Of course, the main disadvantage of this method is that must borrow another device from your family or friends. This might reveal your intention and make the user learn that you want to screenshot their snap.
To complete this method, follow these steps:
- Load Snapchat and open the snap you want to take a screenshot of.
- On the other phone, open the camera app.
- Take a photo or video of the snap while it is displayed on your device.
3Screenshot with Airplane Mode on
One more method with which you can learn how to take a screenshot on Snapchat without them knowing is to put your device in airplane mode. This is one of the riskier methods on this list as it might not work, depending on the Snapchat version you are using. Therefore, keep in mind that there is always the possibility of the user getting notified.
To use this method to screenshot on Snapchat without them knowing, follow the steps below:
- Open Snapchat on your device.
- Quickly turn on airplane mode and return to Snapchat.
- Load the snap and take the screenshot.
4Use Screen Recording
Another method that shows you how to screenshot on Snapchat without them knowing is to use your phone's built-in screen recorder.
The steps to complete this method are the following:
- Find the Screen Recording button on the quick settings and tap on it to turn it on. When you do that, the tool will start taking a video of everything that is displayed on the screen.
- Then, launch Snapchat and find the snap you want to keep.
- Close Snapchat and find your screen recording. Take a screenshot of the snap directly from this video.
5Mirror Screen on Another Device
The next method that teaches you how to screenshot on Snap without them knowing is to mirror your device's screen on another device. With this method, you will use the "mirror screen" to display your screen on a TV or a computer. Then, you can simply take a screenshot of the mirrored screen.
Here are the steps to screenshot on Snapchat without them knowing by mirroring:
- Tap on the screen mirroring application that is built-in on your device.
- Select the device where your phone's screen will be mirrored. We recommend that you mirror it to your laptop.
- Take the snap screenshot.
6Use Google Assistant (for Android)
The last method that shows you how to take a screenshot on Snapchat without them knowing works only on Android devices. In this method, you will be using your Google Assistant. Before you try it though, remember that the Google Assistant won't directly save the screenshot, but rather share it where you want it. Select a secure place, where you will be able to find it later.
Here are the steps to take a screenshot on Snapchat using Google Assistant:
- Launch Snapchat and load the snap you wish to save.
- Long-press the home button and say Ok, Google so that the Google Assistant wakes.
- Command Take a screenshot.
- From the new pop-up window, select where you want the screenshot to be shared.
Now, you have learned how to screenshot on Snapchat without them knowing in six effective ways. KidsGuard Pro is the most efficient app for the task, as well as for monitoring the user's activity. The app runs in stealth mode, ensuring that there won't be any notifications. Create your account to find out all the information you need about the user.