Most parents often wonder how they can child text messages on iPhone and Android. You may want to know who is texting them, the kind of messages they are getting, and how it is affecting their life. As a parent, you must keep your child safe online and prevent them from dangers like cyberbullying. However, the ever-changing technology requires that you take more stringent measures. Knowing how to monitor child text messages is one of the ways of ensuring your child is safe. In this article, we review the importance of monitoring your text messages and the best approaches to achieving this.
In this article:
Why You Need to Monitor Child Text Messages?
If you are like any other parent, you know it is important to monitor child’s phone. Kids nowadays have become more advanced than in earlier generations. Therefore, keeping an eye on them, especially their internet activities is critical. Until the child is old enough to understand the world around them, you have a duty as a parent to keep them out of harm’s way. While this may seek like invading their privacy, several reasons necessitate the need to monitor them.
Among the potential dangers of unsupervised phone use is cyberbullying. Gone are the days when kids would only be bullied at school or on the streets. Technology has made online bullying rampant, and in most cases, kids are afraid to tell you about it. This means that it is up to you to find out and protect them. Since cyberbullying can happen in any form including texts and emails, monitoring your child’s phone conversation is an important step to helping them. Your child may also be a bully, and this would be an opportunity to contain them.
Monitoring child text messages has several benefits. In addition to protecting them from cyberbullying and online predators, you will also be able to check whether they are exposed to inappropriate content. With from the age of 8 to 18 years spending an average of seven hours on their smartphones or other electronic devices, keeping an eye on them is a sure way of protecting them. By constantly monitoring the child’s phone, you can protect them from online predators, get alerts for cyberbullying and other dangerous activities, identify bad apples, protect their personal information, and safeguard their reputation. You will also be able to find out whether they are engaging in low-key dangers of texting, such as texting too late into the night, sexting, excessive screen time, or being trolled.
How Can I Monitor Child Text Messages?
1[Most Effecient] Monitor Child Text Messages With Kidsguard Pro
The most efficient way of monitoring your child’s text messages is using the KidsGuard Pro app. KidsGuard Pro is an ultimate phone monitoring app, which allows you to keep an eye on your child’s iPhone activities. The key features of the app include:
- Remote monitoring of text messages, including the content, recipient, images, timestep, and attachments.
- You can check call logs on your child's phone via remote call monitoring.
- Track your child's browsing history remotely, and protect them from harmful online content.
- Control your child's phone remotely and live record their activities.
- Remotely monitor other kinds of data on your child’s phone, including contacts and app activities.
Video Tutorials to Monitor Child's Text Messages with KidsGuard Pro
To use KidsGuard Pro to monitor your child’s text messages, you will need to install the app in your phone and set it accurately. Here are the key steps:
- Sign up for a KidsGuard Pro account by clicking the button below. Then select the most suitable license for you.
- Download the KidsGuard Pro app on your phone and set it up.
- Download and install the KidsGuard Pro assistant on your child’s phone.
- Now you can verify your setup and start monitoring text messages and other data on your child’s phone.
2Monitor Child Text Messages on iPhone
You are probably wondering how to see my daughters text messages on iPhone. Well, iPhone provides two options that you can use to monitor a child’s text messages:
A. Monitor Child Text Messages by iCloud
iCloud allows you to monitor your child’s text messages using Apple’s cloud message sync feature. Once you enable iCloud syncing, you will gain access to all data from your child’s iPhone.
- Go to Settings and search for the device you want to access.
- Tap on iCloud and move the slider in Messages.
- Wait for the sync to complete and you can start viewing your child’s text messages.
B. Monitor Child Text Messages by Text Message Forwarding
Another way you can make sure creeps are not targeting your kids with text messages is by forwarding messages to yourself. With this option, you can access all the text messages your kid sends and received. To forwards your child’s messages:
- Go to Settings and tap Messages.
- Go to Send & Receive, and tap on Use your Apple ID for iMessage.
- Select Use Other Apple ID and sign in with your child’s Apple ID and Password.
- Go back to Settings and tap Messages. Enable Text Message Forwarding and select the device you want the messages to be forwarded to.
3Monitor Child Text Messages on Android
If your child uses an Android phone, you will need to install the Google Family Link. With this app, you can view your child’s text messages, social media, and other phone activities.
- Download and install the Google Family link on your device.
- Install the kid’s version of the app on your child’s phone.
- Follow the command prompt to generate a code with your phone.
- Enter the generated code and password on your kid’s phone.
- Follow the command prompt and customize settings to start monitoring the child’s text messages.
In an era of cyberbullying and trolls, you cannot overlook why you need to monitor child text messages. Not only will you be able to protect them from being bullied, but you will also control their phone behavior. Monitoring child text messages ensures that you understand what your child is up to and guide how they interact with others. While several options are available to monitor your kid’s text messages, KidsGuard Pro stands out as the most reliable and easy for you. You can download the KidsGuard Pro account from the official webpage and start taking the necessary steps to ensure your child’s online safety. Remember that parental monitoring is not about privacy infringement, but the safety of your child.