With more than 2.9 billion active monthly users, Facebook has become a popular social media platform worldwide. While it allows users to connect with their friends and family, some issues have also risen with the increasing use of social media. One of the issues is knowing someone's location on Facebook.
In this article, we will discuss how to find someone's location on Facebook. And we are going to introduce methods to do this with and without their knowledge. In addition, we will also provide ways to protect your location from Facebook searches. Now let’s dive in.
In this article:
- Part 1. How to Find Someone's Location on Facebook
- Part 2. How to Find Someones Location on Facebook Without Them Knowing
- Part 3. How to Protect Your Childrens on Facebook?
Part 1. How to Find Someone's Location on Facebook
1Use Live Location Sharing to Find Someone's Location
If you’ve been using Facebook for a long time, you must be familiar with the Live Location Sharing feature. Live Location Sharing allows users to share their real-time location with their friends. With this feature, you can easily find someone’s location on Facebook in real-time.
To use Live Location Sharing on Facebook to find someone's location, you first need to ensure that the person has enabled this feature on their account. If they have, you can follow these steps to find their locations:
- Open the Facebook and find the contact you want to share the location with.
- Then tap on the four dots icon at the bottom left of the screen and select "Location".
- Scroll down and tap on the "Live Location" option.
- Now you can share your location information with each other. Once you've shared your location with your friend, they will receive a notification and can see your location on a map in real time. They can also choose to share their location with you, allowing you to track their movements on the map.
2Use Facebook Location History to Find Someone's Location
Instead of live location sharing, Facebook Location History allows users to track and save their own location information. It can be used to view the places you've been to and the routes you've taken over time.
To use this feature to find someone's location on Facebook, you need to follow these steps:
- Log in to the Facebook account and go to Profile and click on the More button (three dots) located below your cover photo.
- Select Activity Log from the dropdown menu.
- On the left side of the page, click on Filter.
- Scroll down and click on Location History.
- Select the date range for which you want to view the person's location history.
- If the person has enabled location history on their account, you'll be able to see the places they've been to on the map.
3Use Facebook Nearby Friends to Find Someone's Location
The next method to find someone’s location on Facebook is using the Nearby Friends feature. With Nearby Friends, you can see your Facebook friends' real-time locations. Here's how to do it:
- Open the Facebook app and tap on the three horizontal lines icon in the top right corner.
- Then scroll down and tap on Nearby Friends.
- Enable the feature by tapping Turn On if you haven't already.
- Finally, select the friend whose location you want to see on the map and you'll be able to see their real-time location.
4Find Someone's Location with Hashtags in a Facebook Post
If your friends have shared their location on their posts, you can also locate them with hashtags. This method is novel but really useful. Here is how to find someone's location with hashtags in a Facebook post:
- Log in to your Facebook account and go to the search bar at the top of the page.
- Type in the hashtag related to the location you're interested in. For example, if you're looking for someone in Hawaii, type in #Hawaii.
- Facebook will show you all the posts containing the hashtag you searched for. Now just simply browse through the posts and find your friends’ posts.
You can also browse your friend’s posts and located them directly by the hashtag they add to their post.
5Find Someone's Location with Facebook Messenger
As Facebook’s messaging app, Facebook Messenger also has a feature that allows users to share their location in real-time, making it possible to find someone's location. Here are the steps to do so:
- Open the Facebook Messenger app.
- Start a conversation with the person whose location you want to find.
- Tap the Location icon in the toolbar.
- Then tap Share Live Location to share your location with the person.
- If the person shares their location back with you, you'll be able to see their real-time location on the map.
Part 2. How to Find Someone's Location on Facebook Without Them Knowing
The methods introduced above are official features that allow you to find someone’s location on Facebook. All these methods require you to have the consent of your friend in order to get their location information.
If you want to track someone's location on Facebook without their knowledge, you can use software like KidsGuard Pro. As an ultimate phone monitoring solution for Android and iPhone devices, KidsGuard Pro is a comprehensive and reliable monitoring app that allows you to keep an eye on your loved ones' phone activities. It enables you to remotely monitor not only Facebook locations, but also messages, call logs, browser histories, calendars, and more from the target phone.
Outstanding features of KidsGuard Pro include:
- To track real-time location, you can use KidsGuard Pro's GPS or Wi-Fi location tracking technology.
- Monitor all popular social apps, including Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, WhatsApp, and more.
- Easy installation without rooting or jailbreaking the device.
- Real-time data syncing and 100% undetectable.
- 24/7 customer support team for timely assistance.
Here are key steps to use KidsGuard Pro:
Step 1: Register a KidsGuard Pro account. To enjoy more features, choose a plan. Once you have selected a plan, you can proceed to download and install the KidsGuard Pro app on the target device.
Step 2: Follow the step-by-step instructions to install the app. You will also need to download the KidsGuard Pro assistant on the target device and complete some necessary settings on the phone.
Step 3: Once you have set up the app, you can access the KidsGuard Pro dashboard, which will give you a comprehensive overview of the phone's activities and data, including the Facebook location information.
Part 3. How to Protect Your Children on Facebook?
As you can see from the content above, Facebook's location tracking feature can reveal personal information about not an adult, but also a child's daily routines, including where they go to school, where they hang out with friends, and where they live.
Unfortunately, this information can be used by strangers to monitor and stalk children. Therefore, it is important for you to protect your kids' location privacy on Facebook with the KidsGuard App.
The KidsGuard App can help protect your kids' location safety on Facebook by allowing you to track your kids' real-time location. With it, you can also set geofences to receive instant alerts if your child leaves a specific area. This feature can help you ensure your child's safety and quickly respond to any potential dangers or emergencies.
Make sure you use KidsGuard to prevent your kids from leaking their location information to strangers and spot dangers before they emerge.
While it may be possible to find someone's location on Facebook using various features such as Live Location Sharing, Facebook Location History, Nearby Friends, and Facebook Messenger, if you want to find their locations without them knowing, opting KidsGuard Pro is necessary.
If you are concerned about your loved ones’ location being revealed or leaked on Facebook, you can protect their privacy and safety by using the KidsGuard App.